Sunday, April 10, 2011

Shadows - IHF photo entry

This week's theme at http://www.iheartfaces.com/ is Shadows.  This is my very first submission to the site, so I'm a little nervous about doing this correctly!  So here goes!  I took this photo of my youngest daughter at Topsail Island, NC, close to sunset.  Talk about "girl on a mission".  Even though it was cold out, my girls wanted to build sandcastles on the beach.  That's almost all they talked about prior to our trip.  They had a blast!  This is one of my favorite photographs from the week we were there.  I just love the way she looks wearing her little jacket, and rolled up, sandy pants - she was truly a salty mess, and she loved every minute of it.  So did I!
   

9 comments:

Unknown said...

What a fun memory!

Tamar SB said...

Great entry! And welcome to I Heart Faces!

Thanks for your comment on my entry!

Tamar

Shawna Lyn {photography} said...

That is a very sweet photo! I appreciate that you stopped by to comment on mine. :)

Unknown said...

looks like she wants to run into the ocean, love it

Angie said...

Very pretty!

BindiM said...

What a sweet photo. A very cute shadow picture.

Kate said...

Lovely image!

Serline said...

The shadow seemed to embody the out-sized ambition and determination she harbored in her heart!

Karin Griffin said...

Congratulations on your first entry Leigh Ann! I am still new to IHF challenges too! Your photo at the beach is lovely and a great shadow entry!